Thankfulness - Island Teacher

Thankfulness

While I wrote about American and Cayman Thanksgivings in my last blog, I have just felt such an overwhelming sense of thankfulness this week that I feel the need to bring up the topic again. Here is a short list of things that I am especially thankful for this week:

  • My savior Jesus Christ
  • My husband...and seeing him happier than he has been in a long time and his ability to enjoy more of life, have free time at the beach and play soccer again!
  • My sweet vivacious 4 year old and how well she has adjusted to life in Cayman.
  • The health of our immediate and extended family
  • The blessing of good jobs and financial stability...even though I complain sometimes ;)
  • A new job opportunity for me which will allow me to tutor a great group of kiddos several days a week
  • The blessing of living in such a beautiful place
  • Magic Jack...which allows us to easily keep in touch with the US and Peru!
  • New friends in Cayman
  • Friends back home
  • A great church
  • That our first electric bill received this week was "reasonable" :)

Things AG is thankful for this week:
  • God, Jesus and angels...she actually listed the toys first, but I figured this was most appropriate first :)
  • My toys and dress up clothes
  • My pops and mommy
  • My hair
  • Yogurt
  • Christmas trees
  • Turtles and sting rays, but "definitely not jelly fish. Well, I am thankful for their colors, but not their tentacles" ha!
 While reflecting on thankfulness this week, I was further reminded of the many material blessings I have after my brother posted a video on facebook. My brother, A, has been working as a missionary in Peru since 2009. He has been given a heart to serve and care for those who have very little. While he and his wife, P, (E's sister in case you don't know the story of our intertwined families) live on faith themselves that God will provide for their family, they seek to love and care for those in greater need.

This past week, a college friend of A's traveled to Peru to help create a video about a current project they are working on. They want to provide a home for a family for Christmas. Without rewriting the whole story, you can check out the video here. It will allow you to have a glimpse of life in a third world country. While I am making sure I have my reservation for Teddy Bear Tea at the Ritz Carlton, there are many in Peru (and, of course, other places too) who need their basic needs met this Christmas. Yep, this is pretty much a slap in the face! We can so easily get caught up in ourselves that it's good to have a reality check every now and then.

This isn't just another group looking for money at Christmas....this is my family who is directly being used to help with a Christmas miracle of building a home while sharing the love of Jesus. As of last night they had raised $400 towards their goal of building Jhonny a house for Christmas! Please pray for Jhonny and his family and help raise awareness by sharing the video on your facebook, blogs, mass emails, etc.

I am thankful for those serving in ministry!
 
"I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love, I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them." Hosea 11:4

 Happy Sunday Everyone!!! 

No comments

Back to Top