Easy Meals for Busy Teachers! - Island Teacher

Easy Meals for Busy Teachers!

Ok, so I'm definitely not a chef, nor am I cut out to be a food blogger, but, besides scouring Pinterest and other blogs for teaching ideas, I'm always on the lookout for a meal idea. The easier, the better... especially when it comes to weeknight meals.



Here's an idea that I got from a friend a long time ago. It is super easy AND fairly healthy, so that's a huge plus! I don't even know what it's called, so I'll call it Roasted Italian Sausage and Veggies. 

Ingredients:
Package of Italian Sausage (I like Johnsonville mild Italian sausage)
Potatoes/mushrooms/your favorite veggies
Olive Oil
Italian Seasoning

Cut the Italian sausage into small slices. It's easier to slice if it's partially frozen. Wash, peel, and chop the potatoes and veggies. Toss the sausage slices and veggies in a pan. Drizzle olive oil over everything. Add a generous amount of Italian seasoning. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. I sometimes turn the broiler on for about 3-5 minutes to help everything get a bit crispy at the end



You can throw everything together in one pan. Here I used sausage, potatoes, sweet potatoes, red, green and orange peppers, mushrooms, onions, broccoli and cauliflower. To save time, we have an awesome salad bar in our supermarket that has pre-chopped veggies, so I'll just load up a container with these.


How it all looks when it comes out of the oven! I love to serve it with crusty French bread. Best of all, you only have one pan to wash or add to the dishwasher. :)

Do you have a favorite easy meal to share? Snag the graphic at the top and link up with a blog post below!

4 comments

  1. Looks yummy Emilie! We just made beef stroganoff in the crockpot yesterday- only five ingredients and it was to die for! Love how you are adding in other things to your blog- this is a great post!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! That sounds delish...send me the recipe. ;) I love recipes with few ingredients. Groceries here as SO expensive, the less I have to buy to make dinner, the better. :)

      Delete
  2. I have never thought about hitting the salad bar for veggies, but it makes complete sense. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! It's awesome. When you just want a few of each kind it's so much easier to just grab an assortment from there. :)

      Delete

Back to Top